Swift has developed myT® Primers, a line of novel qPCR reagents that provide both high sensitivity and specificity in mutation detection, ideal for cancer research and diagnostic applications. myT Primers can be used in conventional qPCR machines using standard, single tube protocols. myT Primers work well on both FFPE and fresh frozen specimens, but are also capable of sensitive detection when the sample material is limiting or where the target is present at very low concentration, such as with circulating tumor cells (CTCs), serum, plasma, and needle biopsies.
Swift has developed myT Primers for the common mutations in BRAF and KRAS genes to demonstrate the superior performance capabilities of the technology for mutation detection. However, the technology is readily applicable to other mutations and infectious disease testing.
myT Primer products for RUO applications are available directly from Swift Biosciences. To learn more about myT Primers, please contact us at TechSupport@swiftbiosci.com.
The line of myT Primer reagents provides an increased level of confidence and convenience in qPCR detection of key cancer mutations. myT Primers have unique structural and thermodynamic properties that make them highly sensitive to mismatch discrimination. Each myT Primer is comprised of two oligonucleotides (the Primer and the Fixer) that together contain three functional domains: a long “Fixer” domain provides a high level of specificity and stability for genomic DNA templates, a short “Primer” domain is highly sensitive to single base mutations, and the double stranded “Stem” that both joins and stabilizes the Fixer and Primer domains on the target locus.
- myT Primers exhibit sensitive detection of mutations in a background of wild-type DNA
- High allele specificity can be achieved with virtually no background from “wild-type only” reactions
- Capable of providing clear “Yes/No” answers, eliminating the need for delta Ct analysis
- myT Primers display sensitive mutation detection with both FFPE and fresh frozen samples
- Ideal for small biopsy samples, circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and cell-free cancer DNA in blood
- myT Primers work in conventional qPCR machines using standard, ‘single tube’ protocols
myT BRAF and myT KRAS are ideal for most applications, particularly FFPE or fresh frozen tumor genotyping. To learn more about either of these products, please contact us at TechSupport@swiftbiosci.com.