- 1. Definitions.
- Non-Personal Information” is any information that is not “Personally Information.”
- “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information, which is non-public information we receive from your use of the Site that can be used, alone or in combination with other information in our possession, to identify a particular individual natural person. It may include information such as name, address, telephone number and other personal information you provide to us.
- “Swift Biosciences,” “we,” “us” and “our” means Swift Biosciences, Inc.
- “Site” refers to Swift Biosciences’ website, and other associated websites, blogs, domains and mobile sites maintained by Swift Biosciences.
- “You” and “your” mean the individual or entity visiting or using our Site (defined below).
- Information Automatically Collected.
This information is considered Non-Personal Information, which we can use for any purpose, including to help us improve the Site and to enhance your and other users’ experience. However, we will treat as Personal Information any item that, either alone or together with other information, we could use to identify an individual. For example, without your permission, we will not share with third parties the link between your IP address and your Personal Information, except as described in Section 7, titled “Information We Share with Third Parties.”
The Personal Information you enter on this Site is used to respond or contact you when necessary, to provide services or products and to provide Swift Biosciences’s visitors with a better experience. Your Personal Information will be kept in confidence. From time to time, Swift Biosciences aggregates Personal Information obtained through the Site in order to identify Swift Biosciences’s demographic audience (collective characteristics/behavior) and to measure overall interest in specific areas of the Site. Aggregated or anonymized data will not be considered your Personal Information if it is in a form whereby Swift Biosciences can no longer personally identify you. Swift Biosciences is allowed to analyze and use such aggregated or anonymized data without restriction, including for improving the Site and determining how and where to best use its resources. Swift Biosciences may use your Personal Information for promotional purposes, unless you opt out, or for other purposes consistent with your express consent.
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one webpage to simplify subsequent interactions with that web site by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related webpages. This makes it easier for a user to move from webpage to webpage and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
Information We Collect from Cookies
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our Site users’ browsing activities. Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our Site as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our Site and evaluate our Site’s visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any Personal Information about you, although they do permit us to send focused online banner advertisements or other such responses to you.
When you visit our site, or the sites of our partners, we might send you cookies to store your preferences and improve the quality of our service to you. Any cookies may be deleted following each session. Third-party services and tools used on the Site may also send you cookies to collect certain information from users, which includes:
Most browsers allow you to set preferences regarding the download of cookies, or block the download. Note that if you choose to block these cookies, some or all of the services we provide may not function. Here are links to some browsers’ websites:
- Google Chrome: www.google.com
- Internet Explorer: support.microsoft.com
- Mozilla Firefox: support.mozilla.org
- Safari: support.apple.com
- Opera: www.opera.com
- Email Information
If you choose to correspond further with us through email and/or support and suggestion tickets, we may retain the content of your email messages and/or tickets together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Use of Personal Information Collected.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, declared purposes, and will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- Providing information about our products or services.
- Providing our products or services.
- Research, analysis and auditing, in order to improve our products and services, or to protect or maintain the same.
- Maintaining and ensuring the viability and integrity of our network.
- Marketing and promotional efforts.
- Offering promotions or content that is sponsored by, or co-branded with, identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, these third parties may obtain Personal Information that you submit. Swift Biosciences has no control over the third party’s use of this information.
- Providing information to our distributors so that they may: communicate with you about our products or services; provide our products or services to you; or market our products or services to you.
- Sending newsletters.
- Protecting the rights or property of Swift Biosciences, or our users, or our partners.
- Creating, researching and developing new products and services.
- General communications with you.
- Length of Time We Retain Your Personal Information
Swift Biosciences retains personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the business purpose for which you provided it to us and any other legitimate business purpose, including without limitation, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may also retain offline archival copies of data for the applicable statutory periods. If you would like more details about our data retention policies, please contact us.
We periodically review our collection, storage and processing procedures and policies to ensure that it is in compliance with applicable law.
- Information We Share with Third Parties
We will only share your Personal Information with the following types of third parties for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling services. We share personal information with the relevant third parties related to providing the products or services you have purchased or subscribed to, which include without limitation, partners/distributors and subcontractors that are utilized for the purpose of operating the Site or fulfilling the products or services requested by you.
- If we have your consent to share personal information for a purpose different than what your personal information was provided.
- For carrying out any of the functions or purposes set forth in the section titled, “How We Use the Data We Collect”
Additionally, be aware that we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a valid legal requirement, such as in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, search warrant, subpoena, court order; or in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or assert legal rights or defend ourselves in litigation. If Swift Biosciences is legally compelled to disclose your Personal Information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or a court order.
- Transfer of Data Upon Sale or Change of Ownership of Swift Biosciences
In the event that the Site (or a substantial portion of our assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
- Information Transmissions
Emails that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
- Do Not Track
Your browser may also provide you with the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to website you visit. At the current time, the Site will not treat you differently if we receive Do Not Track signals from your browser and we may not comply with Do Not Track settings on your browser.
- Security of Personal Information.
Your Personal Information is stored on secure web servers. However, while Swift Biosciences takes efforts to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, Swift Biosciences cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent third party hackers or other malfeasants from illegally obtaining this information. Commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards have been employed to safeguard your Personal Information. To protect the security of information exchanged with customers in the customer-specific area of the Site, customers are required to register on the Site, and enter their user names and passwords to access their information.
- Links to Other Websites and Links to the Site.
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Site.
- Social Media.
Swift Biosciences also may make social media or forums, message boards and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Swift Biosciences has no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
- How You Can Access and Control Your Personal Information
Individual Rights to Access Personal Data
To the extent provided by applicable law, individuals have the right to know what Personal Information of theirs is stored by Swift Biosciences and to ensure that such Personal Information is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which Swift Biosciences collected it. Swift Biosciences will make its best effort to allow individuals access to view their own Personal Information as well as to correct, to alter or to delete such data.
However, where such access is unreasonable, requires a disproportionate effort, jeopardizes the privacy of other Swift Biosciences users, or contravenes the law, our policies, or reasonable business practice, requests to access data may be declined. Your identification is required to access data for these reasons, and the process and procedures for various types of access may differ. Please contact us for further information.
Choices Relating to Use of Personal Information
We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your Personal Information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. Although signing up for some or all of our services may require you to submit Personal Information, we will ask for your consent if we intend to use that information for any purpose other than which it was provided to us. You may object, restrict or withdraw consent for us to use your Personal Information at any time.
You may choose to decline to submit any personal information for any of our products or services. Please note that this may result in our being unable to provide said product or service, including, without limitation, subscription services, even if time remains for your subscription.
- California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information from companies with whom they have an established business relationship. That information is about the personal information those companies have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. The law requires companies to inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Swift Biosciences under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us.
- Children’s Privacy Protection
Swift Biosciences takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and Swift Biosciences encourages parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities. Swift Biosciences abides by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other relevant laws. The Site does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 13, and Swift Biosciences will not knowingly collect personal information from them. If Swift Biosciences discovers personal data from a child gathered through the Site, without parental consent, Swift Biosciences will eliminate that data. If you are under 13 you must ask a parent or legal guardian for permission prior to submitting any information to this Site.
This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18.
- Data Portability
If required by applicable law, Swift Biosciences will comply with your request to obtain a copy of the information you have shared through our services. If provided for by applicable law, you have rights to obtain a copy of some of the personal information that we hold on you and reuse or share it for your own purposes (“right to data portability”).
The above-stated right to data portability only applies:
- to Personal Information you have provided to us (i.e. not any other information);
- where we are processing your Personal Information because you have provided your consent for us to do so, or under a contract with you; and
- when processing is carried out by automated means.
We can refuse your data portability request if the processing does not satisfy the above criteria. Also, if the personal information concerns more than one individual, we may not be able to transfer the information to you if doing so would prejudice the other person’s rights.
- Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information and Processing of Information in the United States of America
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
- You May Opt-Out of Communications from Us at Any Time
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the opt-out instructions in our communications.
You may choose to opt-out of sharing with any other parties with whom we may share your Personal Information; however, you may be unable to use the products, services or certain features of the Site if you wish to limit such sharing.
- Your Consent
- Contacting Swift Biosciences or the Appropriate Supervisory Authority
Enforcement and Independent Dispute Resolution
For EU residents:
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, contact us at:
Swift Biosciences, Inc.
674 S. Wagner Road, Ste. 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. The following is the contact information for the supervisory authorities in each member state: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
For non-EU residents:
To access your Personal Information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, contact us at:
Swift Biosciences, Inc.
674 S. Wagner Road, Ste. 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Contact Us
Swift Biosciences, Inc.
674 S. Wagner Road, Ste. 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Last updated and Effective Date: June 25, 2018