NEW! Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel
The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel enables highly efficient, sensitive and specific microbial identification by targeting the 16S rRNA (V1-V9) and ITS genes in a single primer pool, along with a simple two-hour workflow.
- – Targets the entire 16S rRNA gene (V1-V9) and the Fungal ITS1 and ITS2 genes
- – Unique multiplex PCR chemistry generates diverse clusters without PhiX or phased primers, saving up to 25% of sequencing costs
Fast workflow, high-quality data
- – From DNA to Illumina® compatible libraries within 2 hours
- – Faster turnaround time with 2×150 or 2×300 read lengths
Sensitive and Specific
- – Accurate quantification, with 100% sensitivity observed with mock microbial communities (ATCC® MSA-1003TM), and 100% specificity validated with microbial isolates.
- – Detection and characterization of bacterial and fungal structure in complex samples
- – Metagenomics: Bacteria, Archaea, Fungi
- – Environmental: Air, Water, Wastewater
- – Agriculture: Plant microbiome, Soil – ITS for fungal
- – Microbiome: Human – skin, GI tract, stool, vagina, Plant – surface, roots and soil
- – Forensics: Microbiome to establish time of death
The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS workflow uses a fast, single-tube approach consisting of a 70-minute target enrichment amplification step and a 20-minute adapter ligation step, yielding a 2-hour start-to-finish procedure.
The single-tube workflow includes two steps that generate the multiplex amplicon targets and then add a unique combination of Illumina-compatible indexed adapters, creating up to 96 uniquely-indexed libraries for multiplexing on a single sequencing run.
Swift assay’s coverage of the 16S and ITS genes
Swift’s Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel covers the entire 16S and ITS genes, unlike standard 16S assays.
Accurate representation of a mock microbial community with Swift Amplicon 16S+ ITS panel
A mix of 20 bacterial species (ATCC® MSA-1003™, 1 ng input) tested with Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel, sequenced with Illumina® MiSeq® V3 (2x300bp reads). Organisms marked in red were underrepresented with sole use of the V3-V4 region.
When comparing 2×150 and 2×300 PE reads, the Swift 16S+ITS Panel identified a comparable number of species from swine manure samples.
This panel is compatible with a wide variety of DNA types, including but not limited to DNA from environmental samples, gut microbiomes, and soil samples.
We recommend 1-50 ng input DNA. It is recommended that input DNA concentration be determined using Qubit, or a similar fluorometric method, as it will accurately represent the double-stranded DNA content of your sample. Sample purity should be determined by spectrophotometry (260/280).
The protocol takes approximately 2 hours from input DNA until finished library ready for quantification.
This panel covers the entire 16S rRNA gene (V1-V9), along with the Fungal ITS1 and ITS2.
Data from this panel can be analyzed using the following tools:
- Illumina’s 16S Metagenomics BaseSpaceTM
- Illumina’s ITS Metagenomics BaseSpace App
- RDP Tools
Please Note: Other analysis tools are available; however, these have not yet been internally validated.
First, select a product and quantity:
|AL-51648||Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel||$1200.00|
The below solution is included with your product. If you require extra, please add now:
|90196||PEG NaCl Solution (96 rxns)||$20.60|
|90296||Low EDTA TE (96 rxns)||$20.60|