NEW! Accel-NGS® Unique Dual Indexing Kit
Swift’s new Accel-NGS Unique Dual Indexing Kit (UDI) provides more reliable detection of low-frequency variants with significantly higher throughput and accurate demultiplexing during data analysis. For Unique Dual Indexing (UDI), each i7 and i5 index is used only once. This varies from standard combinatorial dual indexing where individual i5 and i7 indices are used multiple times in varied combinations. As a result, UDIs mitigate artifacts, such as index hopping and PCR-induced chimerism. Any reassigned index reads that do not match another sample will be sorted as undetermined reads instead of being misassigned to another sample.
Leveraging a distinct design strategy on the i7 and i5 positions, Swift’s Unique Dual Indices reduce the read misassignment introduced by numerous mechanisms, including demultiplexing errors, PCR-induced chimerism during multiplexed hybridization capture, and index hopping on patterned flow cells, to <0.1%. These major improvements provide a more scalable reliable workflow for variant discovery and tumor profiling of complex biological specimens, such as FFPE and liquid biopsies.
The new Accel-NGS Unique Dual Indexing Kits are specifically designed and optimized for any Illumina platform and can be used for a wide variety of kits and applications, including:
Whole genome sequencing:
- Accel-NGS Methyl-Seq Library Kits for whole genome (WGBS) or targeted bisulfite sequencing
- Optimized across all Illumina® platforms
- Up to 96 unique dual index combinations for high throughput sequencing runs
- Designed and optimized for 2- and 4-channel Illumina sequencing instruments with patterned or non-patterned flow cells
- Improved detection of low-frequency variants (<5%)
- Better data quality on patterned flow cells
- Increased throughput and reduced cost per sample
UDIs are incorporated into truncated libraries via dual indexing by PCR and can be used with the 1S, Methyl, 2S Hyb and 2S Plus product. There are no specific workflow recommendations for UDI usage with Accel-NGS 2S Plus and Hyb DNA Library Kits, Accel-NGS 1S Plus and Methyl-Seq DNA Library Kits. The only modification to the standard workflows is a second clean-up post-amplification to ensure optimal removal of carryover adapters. This modification only applies when sequencing libraries on patterned flow cells.
Swift UDIs significantly reduce read misassignment due to index hopping on patterned flow cells
- Libraries indexed with UDIs were constructed. The resulting libraries were co-sequenced on a MiniSeq and NovaSeq.
- De-multiplexing with the UDIs maintains low levels of misassignment, while single index (P7) analysis shows increased misassignment.
- For more information and experimental data, please see our scientific poster, RoseFigura, et al. Improved Indices for High Fidelity De-Multiplexing on Illumina Instruments; Poster presented at Advances in Genome Biology and Technology; February 2018; Orlando, FL.
The Accel-NGS Unique Dual Indexing Kits can be applied to:
- Low-frequency variant calling below 5% where low percent misassignment could otherwise lead to false positive results on patterned flowcells
- Co-sequenced libraries from samples with high copy number and samples with low or absent copy number samples
- Elimination of index read errors due to PCR-induced chimerism during multiplexed hybrid enrichment
The sequences of the adapters in Swift libraries are identical to Illumina unique dual (UD) index adapter sequences, but are constructed in a proprietary manner. For more information, please refer to page 20 of Illumina adapter sequences document.
96 unique dual indices are currently available for Swift library preparation kits. Please consider your sample type, desired depth of sequencing, and sequencing instrument capabilities when determining your level of multiplexing.
Yes, the only modification to the standard protocols is a second clean-up post-amplification to ensure optimal removal of carryover adapters. This modification only applies when sequencing your libraries on patterned flow cells.
No, the Accel-NGS Unique Dual Indexing Kits are not validated for use with other indices offered by Swift Biosciences. Libraries indexed with UDIs cannot be used in combination with libraries indexed with our standard indexing kits, including Set A, Set B, or Dual. For more information, please contact TechSupport@swiftbiosci.com.
First, select a product and quantity:
|29096||Accel-NGS 2S Unique Dual Indexing Kit (24 indices, 96 rxns)||$480.00|
|290384||Accel-NGS 2S Unique Dual Indexing Kit (96 indices, 384 rxns)||$1920.00|
|39096||Accel-NGS Methyl-Seq Unique Dual Indexing Kit (24 indices, 96 rxns)||$480.00|
|390384||Accel-NGS Methyl-Seq Unique Dual Indexing Kit (96 indices, 384 rxns)||$1920.00|
|19096||Accel-NGS 1S Unique Dual Indexing Kit (24 indices, 96 rxns)||$480.00|
|190384||Accel-NGS 1S Unique Dual Indexing Kit (96 indices, 384 rxns)||$1920.00|
Next, a Library Kit is required for complete functionality. Please select from the following:
|30024||Accel-NGS Methyl-Seq DNA Library Kit (24 rxns)||$1750.00|
|30096||Accel-NGS Methyl-Seq DNA Library Kit (96 rxns)||$6370.00|
|10024||Accel-NGS 1S Plus DNA Library Kit (24 rxns)||$960.00|
|10096||Accel-NGS 1S Plus DNA Library Kit (96 rxns)||$3450.00|
|21024||Accel-NGS 2S Plus DNA Library Kit (24 rxns)||$695.00|
|21096||Accel-NGS 2S Plus DNA Library Kit (96 rxns)||$2575.00|
|23024||Accel-NGS 2S Hyb DNA Library Kit (24)||$645.00|
|23096||Accel-NGS 2S Hyb DNA Library Kit (96)||$2375.00|